...and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom-anais nin

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Shine" a new oil painting of a Venetian Mask


After much thought and deliberation, I have decided to start painting in Oils, using Walnut oil, and no other chemicals. This was primarily caused by my pursuit to limit my ecological footprint, but has also given me the ability to take my art to the next level. This piece has been painted on Ampersand Museum Cradle Board, which is the best and most archival surface available. The oil paints are Williamsburg, again the best paints on the market.
 Inspired by Venetian masks, the subject is golden with silver, diamonds and pearls, irradiating beauty, but she is shy and not aware of her own beauty. I've entitled the piece "Shine" which is a plea to her to be comfortable with herself and the beauty that  she possesses externally as well as inwardly.


externally as well as inwardly.

No comments: