...and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom-anais nin

Saturday, July 07, 2012

The "Stillness" series

The focus on my new series "Stillness" is to convey the feeling s of the southern New England waterways on a quintessential hot, hazy and humid day that I am so familiar with. The haze in the distance, the multitude of colors in the rocks, and the blues in the ocean and sky. All framed in white and natural wood tones that typically adorn homes on the waterfront from Bristol to Nantucket.
Always seeking new and creative approaches in my work, I have combined Bas Relief into several of these pieces, adding depth and interest.
I will continually be adding to this series as each piece is birthed.
Enjoy, and relax!

No comments: