...and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom-anais nin

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ladies Take A Bow, Ch. 1, pg.2

Around '73-74, when I was 11-12 yrs. old, I got my first transistor radio (like an Ipod, only a lot bigger for those born after 1980), and had it permanently glued to my ear. I got it by money my Memere gave to me. What a joy listening to the Top 40 on WPRO FM in the early 1970's. It was a great transition period of the British Invasion and the sexual revolution. Wonderful, prolific songwriters, riding on the tailcoats of Bob Dylan, and Lennon and McCartney. I was entranced for the first time in my life. There were actually people out there with the same thoughts, dreams, and desires. It was at this time that I collided with my 1st "soulmate", and my drab, grey would began to color.
The colors of pink and purple sequins adorning platform shoes, with yellow boas, and gleaming, gold lame!

No comments: